Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello London Lawyer
1. I will check the lease re, building works and permission
2. We bought the freehold together from the landlord 8 years ago
3. My neighbour mentioned he was doing building work and I said I was not so happy of more building work (they had built basement) but if we could have a roof terrace I would be happier - the extension is of their kitchen into the garden. They proceeded without any further consultation.
4. We did not see the plans before thye started building, and we are not happy about size of rooflight which means we see right into their kitchen.
5. They have not told AA Home Building insurance about the extension
6. They are extending their garden illegally into Britsh Rail land
q. What did I do:
I didn't act at all I was too tied up with a work project. I don't need the building removed or stopped. I'd like some say over the rooflight, which is different to the plans I did see eventually.
And I'd like some contribution to some roof repairs as compensation for their attitude and suffering we have gone through from their loud building work. Again.
q. Leaseholder, yes you are correct.