Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

My children are resident with their father. They were subject

Customer Question

My children are resident with their father. They were subject to a contact order which ran out on the 15/10/2015. Am I allowed to see my children? What are my rights? Can social services stop me from seeing my children?
Hi Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children and what makes you think that the Order has run out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello my children are 7 and 10. We had a court hearing last year and residence was given to their father. The court order stated that there would be supervised contract for a year. We were supposed to move to a more normal contact arrangements, however social services have not done anything to move it in that direction and the father will not speak to me and maintains he does not want me to see the children.
When did you last see them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I saw them a fortnight ago. I have been seeing them every fortnight and one telephone call every fortnight.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been seeing them every alternate Sunday for 5 hours supervised contact and a phone call every alternate Sunday.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in Ipswich and have been driving down to Peacehaven where their father is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi, are you still there?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
How were social services involved?
My apologies for the delay
Have you spoken to Social Services and asked how matters are meant to proceed?
Who has supervised the contact until now?
You have also mentioned the clause with regard to the Child Arrangement Order - can you give the exact wording please of the clause limiting your contact for a period of one year. Thanks
Please so not worry - I am aware that the problem is that the Supervised Contact was for a year and no provision is in place for how it moves on there i sno need for the wording - which is standard
Can you please give the exact wording please - thanks