Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

My son Dayle qualified as a Quantity Surveyor earlier this

Hi, my son Dayle qualified as a Quantity Surveyor earlier this year. He is 35years old, and is totally deaf in one ear, 80% hearing in the other. He did well in his studies and soon got a job at Keepmoat. The office he works in has a female manager, who, after finding out he was deaf, by speaking to him with no reponse, decided to to take the action of makeing a fool of him. He did confront her to explain that he cannot hear from one side. But she has increased her bullying, many of the office staff find it funny and join in jibes and comments, but, some are upset by the bullying. Dayle asked her manager to intervene, but he refused. It is now affecting his health as he is finding it difficult to sleep. Thanks Tony
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How awful he is being treated like this. How long has he worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jenny, I've just got in touch with Dayle he says he as worked there since 15 June this year.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
This treatment amounts to direct disability discrimination and is unlawful. He should raise a written grievance to management and ask that it stops immediately.
If he does not he can institute ACAS Early conciliation to lodge a complaint and raise a claim in the Employment Tribunal.
He cannot be dismissed or otherwise treated badly for raising a complaint about this.
I am very sorry he is experiencing this at work.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this as I note you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?