Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

My builder started work on a kitchen extension in March but

My builder started work on a kitchen extension in March but still hasn't finished the work. He has other work on the go and keeps pushing us down the list. I have paid him for work completed, but need the work finishing.
Is there anything I can do, as I have arranged a meting with him to see how we proceed and get the finished work signed off.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
It really is a matter for you - you can just wait. The other option would be to write to him formally putting him on notice that time is of the essence and that you want the kitchen completed by a certain date or you will consider him in breach of contract - the date should be a reasonable period 14 or 28 days - happy to discuss . Please rate positive.