75100385

I recently had two amounts of money stolen from my bank account

Customer Question

I recently had two amounts of money stolen from my bank account amounting to about £400. My bank refunded the money, but have now written back to me saying they intend to reclaim this money as they don't see it as fraud. A name was given to my bank by the company the money was used to pay - nobody I know. I took this scam to Action Fraud and felt that the matter was closed and that hopefully the thief might be prosecuted. What can I do to stop my bank taking this money from my account? I feel sick with worry.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you know the name and address of the firm/person that stole it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still in talks with my bank and will know more over the next few days. I will then get back to you. Apologies for the delay in replying, have been tied up at work and unable to dal with it until today.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Alex,

Apologies for the huge delay in responding. It has taken this long to get to the bottom of it. It culminated in my contacting the Financial Ombudsman and sending a letter direct to Lloyds Bank.

They have apologised and refunded the stolen money along with a small amount of compensation to cover the inconvenience, time and cost of phone calls. I feel this is too little, too late and am in the process of changing banks. I honestly feel they couldn't organise a "piss up at a brewery" - please excuse my language, but I feel this is the only way to describe such an inept organisation.

I have also given the name of the fraudster to Action Fraud. I'm not sure what action they will take to deal with this low life, but I do hope something is done.

Anyway, many thanks for wanting to help. I feel the matter is concluded, but if you feel I have missed anything obvious, I would welcome your advice.

Many thanks and regards,

Linda

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, it seems a good result - I am very pleased for you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/