Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am on Tier-1 gen visa right now, It expires on 4th April

Hi, I am on Tier-1 gen visa right now, It expires on 4th April 2016.
My question- I want to travel to india from 26Jan 2016-4th feb 2016. Is it safe to go & cm back? Can they turn me away on airport stating my visa is expiring in 2 months?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. It is safe to go to India for 8/9 days in January, 2016. You cannot be turned back because there is only two months left on your visa. Once you have a valid visa you are entitled to enter the Uk and live on the basis of the visa. So don't be worrying about it. You will be readmitted to the UK when you turn up on 4th Feburary, 2016, upon your return from India.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if they ask me at airport - will I extend my visa or apply for ILR ?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. You are being a bit silly. They won't be asking you at the airport about whether you will be making an application to extend your visa or not. The Immigration people at the airport are bound to let in anyone with a valid visa. They have no role in determining whether visas are extended or not. So this just won't arise. You can make a Tier 1 visa extension application if you wish, or not. However, until this Tier 1 visa expires you have a right to live and work in the UK.