12826847

This afternoon two men from my hosing office they handed

Customer Question

hi this afternoon two men from my hosing office they handed me a letter .i asked what it was about its to do with housing fraud they would not elaborate .have to go to a meeting on the 3,11,15 i will be interviewed under caution .my question is if i telephone the department tomorrow am i in my rights to no what its about ?
No.
In the end they will have to put it to you in interview but they don't have to tell you in advance. There are lots of reasons for it. One being that you are entitled to the protection under PACE of a caution and a tape recording and legal advice before you start offering any account. Also, there are some people who would start concealing evidence and concocting a defence if they were told in advance the case against them.