13262538

HAD A LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY AUNT IN UK,DID NOT PUT

Customer Question

HAD A LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR MY AUNT IN UK,DID NOT PUT DOWN FOR CLAIMING EXPENSES WHICH WERE QUITE CONSIDERABLE TRAVELLING FROM IRELAND TWICE MONTHLY 13/18 MONTHS.SHE NOMINATED ME AS HER N.O.K. NOW THE SOLICTOR DEALING WITH HER ESTATE IN U.K. SAYS I AM NOT ENTITLED TO ANY, IS THIS TRUE ?
What are the sums in question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IN EUROS 17000 FOR 2013/2014/2015 POA WAS ONLY FROM NOV 2014 TO DEATH CHRISTMAS WEEK 2014
AIR,HOTEL CAR RENTAL VAN RENTAL (2) TO BRING HOME PERSONNEL EFFECTS TO IRELAND
TKS
JOHN
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SORRY POA WAS NOV 2013 TO DEC 2014
Did she not give you these expenses over the years?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I DID NOT WISH TO TAKE LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY AS SHE MAY HAVE NEEDED IT FOR MEDICIAL ASSISTANCE
LATER IN HER ILLNESS SO THERE WAS ONLY SMALL AMOUNTS RECIEVED BUT NOW I AM TOLD I CAN NOT CLAIM FOR THESE EXPENSES AFTER HER DEATH. I DONT NO IF IS FACT OR NOT.I NEVER ASKED HER FOR EXPENSES
AS I WAS JUST LOOKING AFTER NEEDS DURING ILLNESS SHE HAD NO FAMILY IN UK. I JUST APPLIED FOR POA ON HOSPITAL ADVISE.
I am afraid that the solicitor is correct.Unless she left you a gift in the Will to reflect her gratitude for what you did there is now no claim that can be made.I am sorry to have to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details