12826847

Got stopped .. Had breath test and was over the

Customer Question

Got stopped for speeding.. Had breath test and was over the limit. i have my own business and rely on driving, i am a employer and there jobs are at risk if i can't drive.
Also my kids don't live with me, they are 69 miles away and i only get to see them at weekends, i pick them up from wilts and take them to my home in london. this was all fueled by my ex saying i can't see my kids and i had to see her face to face to have it out with her!! I really don't know what to do..
Are you asking if you can avoid a ban?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
I am sorry but it is not. There is no way around it.
What you are describing is an exceptional hardship argument which doesn't form a defence to drink driving. Parliament has set down that the ban is mandatory for all offences of drink driving.
The only way to escape a ban following a conviction is argue that special reasons apply but that considers the circumstances of the offence rather than the circumstances of the offender. Special reasons cover things like people who have driven only a few inches or other limited grounds.
There is no way of sugar coating this I'm afraid.
They will probably offer you the drink driving course which would reduce any ban period by one quarter though.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.