75100385

My tenant has moved out, without telling me, the landlord,

Customer Question

My tenant has moved out, without telling me, the landlord, the property is empty, bailiffs are due to evict tenant on 2nd Nov, She has left an unauthorised person using the property and utilities. She is claiming housing benefit for her new rental, its obvious she does not live at my property, can I now change the locks and insist this stranger move out?
I will now be responsible for their bills
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No, you still need bailiffs to evict. If you change the locks it will be an unlawful eviction. Therefore you should NOT change the locks and let the eviction on 2nd November go ahead as planned.