29905560

I had an affair with my boss, his wife found to and i have

Customer Question

I had an affair with my boss, his wife found to and i have now been sacked she has sent me a bill for the meals etc he spent on me, can she force me to repay this???
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you wish to know about the bills only or your employment rights too?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both please, though I was self employed so Inow I didnt have the same rights as an employee

She cannot make you pay anything to do with her husband’s expenditure on you. There was no legal relationship between you and her, and the man, a responsible adult, would have spent that money without being under duress so he would personally be responsible for it. It’s not like he gave you that money as a loan, it was clearly a gift and you would have no legal responsibility towards his wife in relation to that. In terms of the job, as you have identified correctly you will not have the same rights as an employee in terms of dismissal protection. You could be dismissed for this reason without being able to challenge it. Ideally you should have been given the notice period you are entitled to under contract so if you were not you could at least try and go for that but it is best you can expect in the circumstances. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.