29905560

Noflameecig.co.uk are taking money from my bank account without

Customer Question

Noflameecig.co.uk are taking money from my bank account without permission.
How do I stop this please?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is it a current account or a credit card?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you give out your card details that effectively gives the other side authorisation to use it to make recurrent payments. This is dangerous because it basically allows them to charge your card whenever they believe money is owed and they do not need your permission to do so. Your initial consent is sufficient.
Whilst 99% of companies will never abuse this and will only take money that is genuinely due, a small proportion use this loophole in a fraudulent manner. They often complicate matters even more by not providing any contact details which makes it very difficult to contact them to try and cancel the payments.
However, you are able to stop such continuous payments by contacting your bank, advising them you are withdrawing your authority and making a formal request for them to terminate these payments. This should hopefully resolve the ongoing issue of the payments being taken. You can also contact Trading Standards if necessary to report them.
In relation to payments already taken, the bank may be able to issue a chargeback notice and try to claw this money back, but if that is not possible then you are only left with the option of taking legal action against the company that took the payments.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you