75100385

Consumer Rights Act 2015.UK. We bought a double bed from

Consumer Rights Act 2015.UK. We bought a double bed from major retailer DFS. We purchased it from a picture illustration in the shop. Because it is a mechanical bed there are two single mattresses. We paid £1500 for the bed and £650 each for the mattresses.
On delivery 9th October the mattresses were much thinner than the picture, in fact only 15 cm of foam, value about £150 each. We cannot get any sleep on these "childrens" mattresses. We sent a letter rejecting the goods as not fit for purpose, not of satisfactory
quality and not as described.DFS has refused to collect the goods or do anything to help.They will not accept return of the goods. They were to be paid for by a loan agreement which we signed in the shop. Suggestions?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Were the dimensions of the matresses mentioned on the picture or otherwise specified. Do you have a copy of the picture that you referred to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The photo "impulse" is the DFS web photo we were shown in the shop. The other photo shows the mattresses as supplied.
Thanks. Warren
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dimensions were not specified. Warren
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I assume you want your money back please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bank which supplied the finance has intervened and is taking payments for the bed only until DFS can give a satisfactory explanation for the sub-standard mattresses. However I would be grateful for your opinion as to whether or not the pics sent to you help our case. Thanks. Warren
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience