Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I got left my parents house in 2012 and went through probate

Now I want to sell it . I have not seen my brothers and sisters this this year but now I have sold it thay say that there intiled to some of the money where do I stand
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Who dealt with the probate and when?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the high court of jutice . The district court of justice leeds
Was cranted by the said court to the executor Mr alan milner me
and when was this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2003
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
16.3.2003 the deeds where put in my name I have had the property since .
They are rather out of time with respect to bringing a claim then. Matters have been resolved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if I sell the house can thay take me to court for money thay have sent me a letter saying I will have to split the proseeds of the sale I have not seen my brothers and sisters sins my parents deaths ..
What does the will say as to their interests and presumably everyone has known the contents of the will since 2003. Please remember to rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All family members had a copy of the will
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have maintained the property with no help and not had any infolment if the family since 2003
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now there saying I should honer my parents wishes . I don't feel like I have to after 12 years
What does the will say about them having a share - are they entitled to a share?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi have sent you a file what the will says
It doesn't open
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I appoint my wife Sarah milner as my executor but if she dies before me my son alan milner as my executor if he dies before before me I appoint my daughter Barbara Eastwood has my executor..I give the whole of my estate to my wife Sarah milner but if she does not survive me by thirty day's the I give the whole of my estate to my son alan milner . If he also does not survive me by thirty days . I give my whole estate to my daughter Barbara Eastwood .I express my wish that if my property know has*****. His sold by my son alan milner . Or by my daughter Barbara Eastwood . If she inherits the property . The the proseeds of the sale of the said property shall be divided between any of my surviving children.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think I have to honour this now has I have been the property owner for 12 years and know on was interested when it went to probate.
If they have not been left anything and probate was resolved so long ago then they have no interest. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So there not intiacaled to any thing
If they have not been left anything in the will then no. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about the bit in the will that says share the proseeds if the property sells his this up to me if I wish so thank you
I think the difficulty that you have here (and indeed the relatives have) is that the will contents which you have set out above are so badly written. It makes it very difficulct to determine an instruction and merely a wish.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His there any way I can get a letter our document saying all that you have told me say I am in my writes not to give them any thing thank you for your help
Please remember to rate positive for answering the original question