75100385

I had a van on lease hire inc a maintence package from ARVALwhich

I had a van on lease hire inc a maintence package from ARVALwhich was up to date and serviced by the lease company's recommended supplier Ihad been running the said van for 3 yrs 6 moths when it created a fault while driving on the motorway ,I pulled over and the engine blew .
I was towed to dealer garage which also happened to be the last service supplier.
They kept the van a number of weeks in this time Arval sent there independent engineer to look who did a full report.Stating a pin hole in the radiator may have been the cause of the damage ? Mean while I spoke to which magazine who said in the view under the supply of goods and services act 1974 Arval where not complying and I was not liable for the misdemeanours.
Istopped the next payments for as I was no longer being supplied a suitble vehicle
Initially I was told the van would cost in excess off £6k.the van was worth £4K running
After approx 4 weeks the van was taken away and 8 weeks later I was informed the van had been repaired at a cost of £3k .i informed them it was of no interest to me. I continued to receive various invoices inc road tax lease cost and body repairs in excess of£2500
Totalling up to date £6468.93
Can you advise me the correct channel to go with this matter as I am being threatened with debt recovery for a hire vehicle that failed
***** *****ley
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why do they refuse to fix or pay for it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
They say The coolant had escaped and I should of noticed a warning light on the dash board or a smell of burning .
informed them I did not and all the services where up to date.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have they repaired it and thats why they want the cost?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and it took over 3 mths
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok then you can refuse, it would appear they are in breach of contract. If you didn't do it in purpose you can't be liable. You can refuse to pay this and raise a formal complaint. If it is on lease then it is on finance and the company will also be liable under section 75 of the consumer credit act.
You can also complain to the financial ombudsman who can investigate at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.