12826847

I was caught by an average speed camera, on the 16th October

I was caught by an average speed camera, on the 16th October 2015 at 21:58, doing 57 miles per hour in a 50 miles per hour zone, by old Basing, on the M3 motorway. I have paperwork with that information on it which I have signed, agreeing that I was the driver at that time and the guilty party, I have also have ticked the box on the paperwork agreeing to attend the speed awareness course if found eligible. What should I say and do and not say and do. at this point in time?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To achieve what? you seem to accept the offence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to make sure the punishment and fine is proportionate to the offence, I'm not turned into a scape goat, and I don't I receive any additional punishments or fines because of some loophole, technicality or politically correct nonsense, whether from my employer, Hampshire police or Winchester crown court.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
This is 57 in a 50 mph zone. You are not going to be turned into a scapegoat. Please don't worry. You have to fall victim to somebody saying you tried to kiss them forty years ago to be a scapegoat in the UK. If you have no other points then they will offer a speed awareness course or the fixed penalty of 3 points and a fine of £100. If you do have other points but less then 9 then they will offer the fixed penalty. There is no point really in saying anything at all. It is a standard form and these are fixed punishments. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, because I'm in the army my bosses if they deem it necessary to, can apply the service test to me if I say or do anything that potentially undermines the operational effectiveness of my unit or the army, such as getting caught speeding. It may be done to me as part of my job is driving and at the end of this month my unit is about to do a large exercise for 5 weeks which is vehicle based, and a summons to Winchester crown caught doesn't help my case, as interrupting the exercise can be a big deal. In your opinion what should my course of action be in regards ***** ***** employer?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we both know what the military police are like. Although at least they don't prosecute people on the evidence of drug addicts generally and then wonder why there is a low conviction rate.If this is a 57 mph in a 50 mph zone then they will probably offer the awareness course unless you have other points.In terms of the Army, that is a different question altogether and not strictly my area but I don't know that military drivers have to declare points rather than the speed awareness course. Usually though the Army will have no issue unless you acquire more than six points.