Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I would like clarification of whether or not they should be

Customer Question

I would like clarification of whether or not they should be permitted to leave the CCJ on our record now that they have obtained the interim charging order? Do we need to instigate an application to have this Judgement set aside, or should it be a quicker process if they were to instigate it from their side? At the moment, they are doing nothing, presumably because we have not pushed them to, as we do not understand the legal position sufficiently. Please could you clarify this point?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
They are entitled to keep the CCJ there - the purpose of a charging order is simply a way to enforce the said judgment.
There is nothing however to stop you from trying to negotiate with them for them to remove the CCJ.