75100385

I've received an email from the County Court (although it doesn't

Customer Question

I've received an email from the County Court (although it doesn't say which county and I live in Hampshire) saying the following:
Notice to Appear,
You have to appear in the Court on the October 28.
Please, prepare all the documents relating to the case and bring them to Court on the specified date.
Note: The case may be heard by the judge in your absence if you do not come.
The Court Notice is attached to this email.
Kind regards,
Kent Watson,
Clerk of Court.
The file attached was removed by the fire wall in my email system as being a dangerous file. File Name:Notice_to_Appear_000913877.doc.js).
The email address was:
***@******.***
I've looked up eurocats.co.uk online and it is a website for a car exhaust company.
I emailed him back immediately, saying I didn't know what this was about and that the file was not attached. I received a message saying 'Undeliverable'.
I do not have any debts. There is no geographical information at all. I can't find out where the court is supposed to be and at what time, so I could at least turn up to say I have no debts.
This is the first I've heard of this, so it seems very strange to be called to court without any warnings and to receive this by email and not in the post. It's Friday 23rd and the court hearing is Wed 28th Oct, so I need to find out if this is a scam or whether my name is ***** ***** threat.
Please would you advise how I make sure my name stays clear of debts that don't exist.
Mary
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
This is a scam.
Any email from the court will be from hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
They would never email you only ever write to you with a notice of hearing. The file was malicious and designed to steal your own personal data.
It's not from the court. Delete it and do not open the file.
Can I clarify anything for you about the today please? This is a scam.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Alex
Many thanks for your rapid reply and reassurance that this is a scam. I know I'm not in any debt but wanted to ensure there was no case against me in error, that would result in me appearing on some debt register that would affect my credit rating. It was well worth the fee to get peace of mind for the weekend after a busy week and an even busier one ahead.
Mary
You can check at creditexpert.co.uk