Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My brother died 3 years ago he was Maltese but he was a British

Customer Question

My brother died 3 years ago he was Maltese but he was a British citizen too he was married to an ENGLISH women when he died he left everthing to his wife now his wife died there were no children .she had 3 brothers and my brother had 6 if she died without a will are we entitled for some of there inheritance?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. The only way in which yourself and your brother and sisters would be entitled to some inheritance from your brother's wife's estate is if she made a will and included you in it. If she died without a will, you would not be one of the people entitled to claim under the rules on intestacy. Only her own 3 brothers would be entitled to claim. I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but once your own brother died and didn't include you in his will, there was no obligation on his wife to make any provision for you 6 siblings in her will.