29905560

How to retrieve money sent to order items online in Indone

How to retrieve money sent to order items online in Indonesia.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How did you send the money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent the moneys to the store by Bank Draft and to the shipping company via Western Union.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The main issue here is that the methods of payment you used do not provide you with any protection against fraud. So even if you were the victim of fraud, neither the bank nor Western Union can assist you now to get you the money back. This is why they are preferred methods of payment used by fraudsters because they know that they cannot be pursued for the money. Had you paid by credit card then you would have had some protection against fraud because that is automatically offered by the card providers. So in this case it is unfortunate that you used these payment methods but I am afraid you will not be able to get your money back through them as they simply do not offer any fraud protection. The only way is to pursue the company directly but as they are based in Indonesia that will be rather difficult and expensive, also there would be no guarantee you will get your money back and could easily be left with mounting legal costs with no guarantee of recovering anything. You could report this to Action Fraud (http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud) and they may help but as mentioned the issue here is that the people you have been scammed by are based abroad and that will make retrieving the money very difficult. I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you