12826847

Is it an offence to access a colleague's emails,

Is it an offence for someone to access a colleague's emails, edit the contents and forward it to another person with intention to discredit the colleague?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since I retired I discovered that my book-keeper who was convicted for fraud in 2013 may have accessed a colleagues private emails and forwarded one to the colleague's brother having doctored it in such a way as to discredit the colleague.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I suppose at the very highest point it could possible offend under the Computer MIsuse Act.
That only requires a person to make a computer perform an unauthorised action.
That does not mean, of course, that the police will act. I'm afraid they tend not to take offences of this nature seriously in the UK.
In principle though, it could offend.