75100385

My son appears to have incurred multiple parking fines which

My son appears to have incurred multiple parking fines which he hasn't paid. He lost his job a few months ago and has no permanent address and the penalty charges are still being sent to his home address. He has also been incurring congestion charges which havent been paid although he is "living" in the congestion zone - but has no permanent address. We already bailed him out of a lot of parking fines a few months ago, and cannot keep doing this. He says he has now given the car (probably worth a couple of hundredd pounds at most) to someone else but the registration document is still in his name, and is still incurring penalty charges. He has no assets apart from the car,
What should we do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Does he live with you please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - not now. He moved to london for a job . Lost his job, and is now living in temporary accomodation - staying with people etc. He is looking for work,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
OK. You dont need to do anything, I assume he has no real assets there.
Its a civil matter so bailiffs may be instructed at some point. They will either write the debt off or catch up with him and get him to make an arrangement to pay.
But he MUST send the V5 back to DVLA to change owner - this is a legal requirement.
Its not your debt - you dont need to worry or do anything about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont want to pay more for a telephone call, I agreed to pay £38 if i was satisfied with the advice I recieved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is all of this a civil matter rather than criminal offence?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Civil yes, nothing criminal, expect for failing to notify the DVLA.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would be the worst penalty for failing to notify the DVLA
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
A fine only.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And what does someone do about informing the DVLA of their address - when they have no fixed address?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They need to nominate an address. But he has sold the car, so its no longer his anyway. But he has failed to notify it has been sold/transferred.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.