75100385

At the end of October last year having heard a loud crack above

At the end of October last year having heard a loud crack above my head my kitchen ceiling collapsed, lucky i had moved out of the way by 2 minutes, i had to wait 7 months for it to be repaired tried to go through the correct procedure stage 1 complaint was fobbed off and blocked from taking it to stage to, worked and paid my rent all through, had to take early retirement through ill health caused through breathing in toxic dust found myself unable to pay rent for 2 months and now due in court on Wednesday for rent arrears seeking possession of property approached 2 solicitors who would not take on my case for disrepair, health and safety and duty of care said i was not entitled to legal aid, am counter suing the council but have to represent my self have all communication and photos of all damage, which i intend to produce in court am living in a daily nightmare can you give any advice please
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
As I am counter suing the council for compensation and have to represent my self i don't know whether or not the judge
will allow me to proceed once he has heard their claim against me can you adviseRegardsIvy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you filed a defence and counter claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Yes, when I received the court paper I submitted my statement and a few photos, there was so.much inaccurate information given in their claim regarding my housing it was after they had seen my statement that a court officer sent me theirs the problem that caused the ceiling to collapse had started before I moved in which was 2010 then in 2013 the tenants above who are private flooded the kitchen causing extensive damage the council only fixed what could be seen 1sq metre as there was paper on the ceiling which has been glossed over they failed to do any further inspection or preventative work and then in October as I said the ceiling came downRegards Ivy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You need to submit a counter claim to claim from the other side. If you do not then all you can do is defend the action, so you must have a counter claim.
If you want to sue for compensation then you can claim compensation. If you dont have a counter claim then you can't claim compensation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Alex for your advice I have submitted a counter claimRegards Ivy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great news, if you submit a counter claim you can seek compensation.
Good luck.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex thank you for your advice, my counterclaim is ongoing and being sorted, i am canceling my membership as i do not have any reason to continue with this service as i now have a solicitor working on my behalf.