Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My grandson has suffered gbh at the hands of 16 year old boys.The

Customer Question

my grandson has suffered gbh at the hands of 16 year old boys.The police will not take any action.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you today. What exactly would you like to know about this situation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What further action can I take as police will not take any action at this gbh assult on my grandson.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information. You have a number of options available to you: 1. You can ask the police to review their decision - if you are still unhappy with their decision you can complain. Ultimately though it's a matter for the police to decide whether or not to prosecute. Complaining might end up being an unnecessary distraction. 2. You could start a private prosecution. Given the seriousness of the allegation you should think about instructing a lawyer to help you with this. You could try www.emmlaw.com - but you need to have a lot of money available to you as you will have to pay for all the investigation and proceedings with no guarantee if getting any of that money back. 3. Sue the attacker and make a civil claim for damages for assault 4. Make a claim for compensation from the CICA (Criminak Injuries Compensation Award) - this is a free service and no lawyer is need - if successful your grandson could get compensation but the other party would not be prosecuted. Hope this helps - happy to discuss further if needed. Alice.