75100385

Sorry I lost connection. On 24/7/15 I ordered a sofa and armchair

Customer Question

Sorry I lost connection.
On 24/7/15 I ordered a sofa and armchair online and also by phone from Laura Ashley.
I had been in their shop and tried the items to make sure they were comfortable and to obtain colour swatches.
The items were delivered on 14/10/15. I was very disappointed with the quality of construction and the comfort of the items. The shade of the fabric was not the same as the colour swatch I had taken home and as I had been to and obtained several swatches from various stores I wasn't too happy as it was to blend in with another item of furniture in the same room.
I phoned Laura Ashley customer services the same day and was told I would have to send photos and a letter of complaint by e mail ( which I did the same day and was told I would receive a reply within 3-5 days. I didn't so I rang them again on 20/10/15 and was told someone would call me back that day to discuss my complaint I told them I was not available between 13.00 and 15:30 hours they rang at 14:40 hours and left a message to say they had rung. I rang immediately I came in got an answer phone message saying Rosie's hours of work were 8:00 to 14:00 hours. I tried 15 times to get in touch the next day, without success so I rang customer services again and was told that their technician would get in touch with me to arrange to come and look at my items.he did ring the next day and said his first available appointment was 4/11/15, are these delaying tactics and would it affect my right to cancel in the 14day period or does this not apply to me ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
The items were delivered on 14th October 2015 and this means you have until 28th October 2015 to cancel. You are therefore within time.
You should phone back / email and CANCEL the items NOW. Then you can wait until 4th November 2015 when they come out and see you.
But you MUST cancel within 14 days, so do this now. Unless they give you an express WRITTEN assurance that if you wait until 4th November 2015 they may still let you cancel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes does this distance selling contract still work for me as I ordered the items specifically?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes and as long as the items are not custom.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How you define custom? They were made for me in my choice of fabric.
Also unclaimed offer does this mean I have to pay another 36.00 as well as paying for the first question?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, its a one off fee.
If you just chose the fabric its not custom
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Is there anyway I can get a written copy of this conversation as I don't know how to print it from my I pad could you email to me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I cant see it from your end.
Once you get home you can log in and print it. I dont think it can be emailed to you sadly.
Can I clarify anything else for you about your question today at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but how do I log in and be able to get this conversation up again?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Whatever details you registered with on your IPAD then you do the same when you login on your home computer.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Logged in to my computer on your website but it is asking for my PayPal password ***** does this mean you will take another from my account?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. Its a one off fee.
If I could invite you to rate my answer so the site credits me for my time I would be grateful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to rate your reply but will that mean I will not be able to get in touch with you after the technician has been on November 4th as Laura insisted this had to happen before they would collect my items. I did E mail on Monday morning after our conversation and said I wanted exercise my right to return the items under distance selling contract bu they said the technician had to come. I asked for confirmation that this would not affect my contract but they left me up in the air over that.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
I have just received an e mail from Laura Ashley saying that regrettably their distance selling does not include furniture made to order, can this be the case as you said it was only custom made furniture, and not choice of colour etc on a
Specific style of sofa.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct - DSR does apply. its not custom made.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this advice hope I don't need to bother you again and this can be resolved..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed I hope you dont need me either, in a nice way!
Good luck.