75100385

I hit a police car this week while it was driving, dark and

Customer Question

I hit a police car this week while it was driving, dark and a wet road and not paying attention.
I freaked out, I kept driving parked my car and just walked away.
I later went back picked up the car and went home.
It was only a slight hit not a lot of damage but I discovered my number plate had come off.
I don't know if the police picked it up I couldn't find it when I went back the next day.
What is the best way forward just wait and see if they get in contact?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you report this to the Police ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its up to you what you do. Legally you have to report the accident to the Police, stop at the scene of an accident and give your details.
If you dont report it then they may not have found the number plate and may never trace you. Then you wouldn't need to worry as after 6 months any offence would be time barred.
But they may catch up with you and could be prosecuted for failure to stop at the scene of an accident and failure to report.
I can't tell you do avoid what your legal duty and responsibilities are, but they may know it was you. So its hard to say what to do one way or another. Legally and morally you should own up.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do we do the phone call?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number I can call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

07920194628

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
calling.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.