My daughter was arrested yesterday as it was believed she was

my daughter was arrested yesterday as it was believed she was associated with a crime involving a firearm. She gave a full account of the events and was released without further action. However the information she provided during her interview is now being used as a witness statement and she is being asked to ID someone at 8am tomorrow. She is 18 years of age and not completely sure how she has now become a witness. She is fearful about pressure to attend the ID parade and I believe she needs legal representation to inform her of her rights. This is all moving quickly as she was released tonight at 8.30pm having been with the police since midnight yesterday. Any support or advice would be appreciated.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please feel free to call me on *********** /p>

We want to know if she needs to attend the ID parade tomorrow?

We are fearful of repercussions for her and the family. We feel that it has moved on extremely quickly going from suspect to now witness. We are unsure if she has been treated fairly and wether or not she should consider cancelling the id parade to ensure that she has the legal advice hersefelf. She is extremely upset at the moment and we feel we should seek legal advice before she attends the parade tomorrow morning.

Thank you for your quick response

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, they can't force her to attend the parade but they will put pressure on her.
She might find they are interested in her again as a defendant. They can be very childish about things like that.
If she is a witness though she is dealt with my CPS and not entitled to legal advice and, in fairness, has no real need of advice as there is no case against her. All witnesses need to do is tell the truth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** told the truth and thats why she was released, however by her telling the truth she has now given evidence against the other person arrested with her. They are putting pressure on her, and ideally we would like her to have more time to reflect on whats happened and understand her involvement in the case now.

We are fearful that if she doesn't attend wether or not she could be held accountable for perverting the course of justice ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They can't use what she said in interview against him in court unless she gives evidence but they will have told him.
If she doesn't attend then that isn't perverting the course of justice but the risk is that they will become interested in her as a defendant again.
If firearms are involved then this is serious offending and that is something she should consider.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Jo, I agree this is very serious and I am proud that my daughter was honest in her account. I don't condone any type of offending and want to encourage her to do the right thing, its just worrying as a parent of how this will may affect her.

Thank you for your time and advice, much appreciated

Warm Regards

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there are measures to help her give evidence.
Although I suppose the problem is that the defendant will still know she has spoken against him.
Let me know if you want to know anything else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Jo , actually one more thing,

If she was to retract her statement can it still be used as evidence ?

Will there be further repercussions for her other than them possibly showing an interest in her again ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they could summons her to give evidence if she has made a statement.
What they can't do is force her to take part in an ID parade and anyway even if they could she could always fail to make an identification.
Showing an interest in her as a defendant is the worst they could do to her. This isn't perverting unless she actually lies. But she does not want to be charged with anything relating to firearms. The sentences are not a walk in the park.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice