75100385

If I have a friend move into my house which I am paying a Morgage

If I have a friend move into my house which I am paying a Morgage on & I moved in with my partner if she only pays the bills & her poll tax & I pay the Morgage does this effect my tax or do I need to declare anything to tax office
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Are you saying you are renting the house out to your friend now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not renting she will only pay gas elec water poll tax I will continue to pay Morgage & house insurgence as she is doing me the favour by looking after the house as I've had it on market for 3 years & I am now taking it off the market so just need some one to keep house warm & lived in
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you dont need to do anything with HMRC. Its only if you are making any form of profit or renting it would you need to tell the tax office.
If all they are doing is taking care of the property you dont need to take any action.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If my partner is self employed & has a child to a previous relation ship are my wages taken in to CSA or into his tax
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell you about CSA as I am not a family lawyer, as this was a property question. But for tax, no, your earnings are separate.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. Can I finish my free trial before I have to pay any more money thank you again
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes if I could ask you to contact customer services to end your trial.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's customer services number
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can email:***@******.***
But please remember to rate!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again