12826847

Can a Local Authority incorporate a clause in the Constitution

Customer Question

Can a Local Authority incorporate a clause in the Constitution which instructs Officers to communicate details of correspondence from and to Councillors to lead Councillors of the ruling party? When challenged the leadership claims it is in compliance with the Council's 'open and transparent' policies, especially if only a restriction might be applied to only convey the factual answers.
There is concern that even if any part of this was acceptable it would appear not to be proportional as it is not proposing that the information flow operates in the opposite direction i.e. to the Opposition Leadership.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for your email.

Please cancel my question and continue with it no further.

I am very disappointed with JustAnswerUK's inability to answer a fairly simple law question within two days and in your free trial period, and therefore seek a full and prompt cancellation of the subscription you have drawn against my credit card.

Yours etc

Malcolm XXXXX