12826847

An independent car dealer sold me a car 20months ago but didn't

Customer Question

An independent car dealer sold me a car 20months ago but didn't tell me it was imported. Now I come to trade it in and no dealer will take it at the going rate, it's worth thousands less and my insurance would has been void for the last 20 month because of the car being and import and me not knowing. What can I do?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Have you raised the issue with the trader? If so what was the response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jenny,The Dealer I bought it from basically fobbed me off saying the franchise dealer was trying to rip me off and I should just sell it privately.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
When the dealer sold you the car in the first place were any representations made to you regarding the origins of the car?