31090051

A patent has run out. The product was never produced. Can

Customer Question

Hi. A patent has run out. The product was never produced. Can this patent be recoverable. The patent expired just over 5 years ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
A patent must be renewed on the fourth anniversary of filing and every year thereafter. You can renew up to six months late subject to additional late filing fees being paid. From what you say you are now out of time to renew in which case you would have to apply of new and hope that someone else hasn't already done so.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomer The Company was dissolved on 21/09/20, just over a month out of time. How to I apply of new? and would you have any idea of the cost?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You can apply online and also get the costs for each stage at www.gov.uk/patent-your-invention
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomer Was extremely disappointed with your advice I applied on line and my request was rejected being out of time. I telephoned Newport and discovered that NO patent can be restored after 19months. With your wide experience, I would have thought you would have known that this was a no hope situation. I feel that at least I should have some your costs restored. JDW
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I didn't say that you could apply for restoration. I said that you would have to apply of new because you were out of time to apply to renew.