12826847

My daughter has bought a house £300k with her

Customer Question

My daughter has bought a house for about £300k with her partner (about 4 weeks ago) in which she invested about £200 and her partner £100k (all in their cash savings). She now realises that she has made an error and wants to terminate this arrangement by "selling up". What please are her options and is there a short time span before the property could only be sold 50:50? Thank you - ********** ******

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDid she not protect her larger investment with a Declaration of Trust?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No - she didn't and I don't know if her partner did.

A friend (not a lawyer) told her about the six months time table but I don't know if it is true.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did they ever discuss the fact that she was putting in more than her partner was?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - we are her father and mother ******** & ********* *******and gave her £100k without strings to enable this purchase. I don't think that they ever discussed what you are asking. However I could ask her (if this is important) because she is coming to our home about 1400 today. You could tele me ************** or email me on ****************@hotmail.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please tell me if you need more time?