ThereI have received a letter from solicitors stating

Customer Question

Hi there I have received a letter from solicitors stating that I am in breach of my lease. It is their understanding that I have been renting out my property on Air B n B, One Fine Stay or similar. I have been renting via Air B n B but have it listed in my partner's name and under a different address. I believe my neighbour who knew I was Air B n Bing a while back has reported me and that I am being unfairly discriminated against (there are many others doing the same). Unless they have been on the listing and found my name in reviews, they have no evidence to say that this is what I'm doing. I own my property and if indeed I admit the breach of lease the landlord will apply to the First Tier Tribunal for a section 168 Declaration and seek costs. What is this and what is the worst case scenario? They have contacted my mortgage provider. I am expected to respond today - can I ask them for more information to buy time? Can I state that I am unclear as to what they are talking about and that I will take any act of malevolence very seriously?

I am aware that the government over-ruled a 40 year law allowing householders to rent their spare rooms for less than 90 days. This is in line with the new sharing economy.

The other issue is that I am an ex high profile musician now running a charity and use Air B n B to fund my cost of living. Could we go down this route - I didn't know that Air b n B was breaching the lease and I was using the money for social good etc? Many thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Nicola

Thanks for your mail. Unfortunately it's too late so I won't need a response now.

I have had £38 deposited from my account - I never received an answer or stated the money could be withdrawn. Please arrange for my account to be reimbursed immediately.