Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

Good afternoon, I have a question regarding an issue with

Good afternoon,
I have a question regarding an issue with the previous landlord. In short - we have asked whether the landlady could help to find out if it is possible for the new tenants to move in a bit later as we had issues with finding a new property to move into. She said that the new tenants could probably give us a week but need to confirm that with their current landlords. The next thing we hear from her is that the tenants are giving us 4 days and we now owe her full weeks rent.
My understanding is that we have not agreed to the offer. How can I confirm that the agreement was not made and we don't have any outstanding rent to pay?
Dr. Julija Gorodeckaja
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the communication we had with the landlady.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.Thank youJulija
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Have you signed a contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, this is the only communication we had (see attached)
Landlady claims that this communication confirms us having agreed to pay full weeks rent and threatens to go to small claims court
Strictly speaking the key document is the tenancy not emails (which are somewhat cage in any event). Equally there is noting to stop you prior to signing the tenancy from walking away from the property. As such you are not liable for this sum. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. Thank you. One last question: is it possible to get an official solicitor's opinion on this matter? The one we could forward to the landlords and use in further disputes if needed? How do we do that?
We can only provide via these messages above. That is the limit of this service I am afraid. Please rate positive for the helps thus far. If they come back and question anything then please come back to me.