13262538

My ex husband passed away in November 2013 and his will had

My ex husband passed away in November 2013 and his will had to go to probate, probate was completed in February 2015, when I spoke to the solicitors they informed me that they had to wait 6 months due to HMR&C before they could distribute my ex husbands wishes. I contacted them in September as I had not heard anything and was told that they were still gathering monies into his estate.
I would like to know if this is still possible after the will has gone to probate, the solicitors involved have not been entirely honest and very unhelpful when ever I have contacted them.
You help would be much appreciated.
Kind Regards
Kimberley
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Who are the Executors of the Will and is the Estate extensive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Executors of the will are the solicitors and to my knowledge the estate is not extensive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The house and car was sold in March this year and I had my share and the rest went into his estate and both his work pensions were sorted just after his death, no other monies were expected to my knowledge
Who is due to inherit the monies?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Myself, my parents and some family members and 3 charities
No monies can actually be collected until AFTER the Will has gone to Probate - but for a simple Estate this is taking a very long time.I suggest that you write a polite letter pointing out that since the "Executors" year is long over they are liable to pay interest on the bequests!I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will do that but to be honest they always ignore any contact I make but I will try.
Realising that you are aware that you are entitled to interest may make then revise their approach