Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

My business partner altered a copy of a meeting an told me

My business partner altered a copy of a meeting an told me the accountant needed a copy and I signed it without looking at it. It now said he was to be a director, he then took £60, 000 of goods from the company. Not knowing the minutes made him a director in law I sued him on behalf of the company after a lot of expense with solicitors I found out what he had done and had to sign a legal document to drop all my claims and each pay there own costs. Can anything be done about this fraudster.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
You may be able to sue him for the £60k in goods if he took these unlawfully. However fraud as a civil claim if very hard to prove. If you have evidence of a fraud you should just make a police complaint.
Did he change the document after you signed it? Have you left the company since?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am closing that company soon and have stopped trading.He altered the documents before I signed but did not tell me I have a tape recording of him bragging how he did it. My solicitors said I could not use it in court. He he took the good fraudulently and can prove that.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Is he a shareholder of the company?
You cant use the recording in court, but you could use it to make a witness statement. You would need special permission to use the recording in court.
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He was a share holder at the time.He tried to justify taking the goods as additional wages but we had an agreement stating equal shares in every thing he did not pay tax or vat on the goods.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thank you. Once the company is dissolved you will lose this claim. Have you registered this £60k hole in the company accounts? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The company accountant was aware of the situation and the fraudulent minutes he put most of the money down as bad dept owed by my ex-partner.the company is not closed yet

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I think Alex may have gone for lunch or gone home I an still waiting
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you my apologies I am still here I have been in a meeting.
If the accountant put it down as bad debt has it been written off?
If this is acknowledged as a debt owing to the company why dont you sue him?
AJ