LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

A tenant who was in my house weeks removed all my laminate

Customer Question

A tenant who was in my house for 5 weeks removed all my laminate flooring and some of my skirting boards with the aim of putting a lino flooring. In the process he concreted the floor which was already concreted and blocked the toilet as he was throwing the material for the flooring in the bath. He refused to pay his rent until the toilet was unblocked. After the toilet was unblocked, he offered to pay only half of his rent which I declined. He has left the flat damaged. What can I do to get him to pay for the damages ?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Ho much damage has he caused in money terms and how much does he owe you in retn? Did he have your permission to attempt these works?