75100385

My girlfriend Danielle sells goods on eBay she used a courier

Customer Question

Hi, my girlfriend Danielle sells goods on eBay she used a courier to collect parcels and forward them on to customers, they asked her to pay a bill which she had not received,they collected a large amount of parcels and did not forward them on to customers,they did not inform her of there actions,it was not until customers opened cases on eBay against her did she realise there was a problem ,Danielle contacted the courier who told her they would not return the packages which they were holding until she paid there bill approx £500 , she had her seller status reduced on eBay for not supplying customers on time it has reduced her sales by £1000 per month, they have entered a county court case against her for bill she has filed defence but needs to know how to word a counter claim case .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would like to know please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We need to put forward a counterclaim for the losses incurred by the couriers actions ,we need help in how to word it and how to defend there reply to the counter claim this is all through the county court system ,we also need to ask them to transfer case to Rotherham rather than North Hampton where the case has been raised from,regards carl.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Has a claim been issued itself, what does it say in the Particulars of Claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Claimant claims (1) debt of £540.90 arising from agreements for goods and services particulars of which appear in invoice(s) from August 2015 to September 2015 and (2) interest pursuant to s.69 of the county court act 1984
Interest particulars inv 24088 due 30/09/15 amount £276.04 0 days @8percent inv 24176 due 30/09/15 amount £250.22 0 days@ 8 percent inv24430 due 30/09/15 amount £7.14 0 days @8 percent£0.00 inv25130 due 30/09/15 amount £7.50 0 days@ 8 percent £0.00 and claimant claims continuing interest under s.69 county courts act 1984 @ 8 percent from the date hereof to the date of judgment or sooner payment at the daily rate of £0.11 and the claimant claims sum of £540.90
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then yes you can put forward a defence and counter claim on the basis of breach of contract. You can include all your losses and compensation for the loss of status on Ebay etc.
But you must file a defence and counter claim at this stage. If its £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you both wont need lawyers to represent you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.