75100385

I am the Chairman of a Parish Council am accused by default

I am the Chairman of a Parish Council am accused by default of lying to the public and Council by a fellow Councillor. The Councillors code of conduct has no sanctions or teeth.
I need to find an effective way of stopping this Councillor from continually denigrating the
other members of the Council.
Defamation of Character action is too costly to consider. Is there any other route my council can take
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly no. All you can do is sue under the Defamation Act 2013 but then you need to show serious harm and also issue High Court proceedings. As you say this is very costly.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/