Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

After the untimely death of my dog while in the care of

Hi, after the untimely death of my dog while in the care of my veternary surgery on the 6/7/15, i have took all the necessary steps advised by my local citizens advice bureau, i am still not satisfied with the vets version of events, which i no to be lies, the circumstances from my dog being admitted at 14.40pm for blood test, to the voicemail left from vets at 15.30pm, which i didnt listen to till 17.50pm and called vets to be told my dog was ready to be discharged, from 15.30pm when voicemail was left. Its all being covered up, i know i am correct in my accusations, can you tell me if i have a strong case to pursue the case for negligence thankyou helen stocks
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Helen,Firstly it would appear that you have been doing the correct procedure. To determine whether you have a case in negligence you would actually need a different vet to look at the clinical papers to determine whether this vet did something wrong. As such you would need to find an vet who would be prepared to assess for you whether they have been negligent. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After my dog being admitted for blood tests to which i thought maybe she had septecemia as a previous infection on her neck had returned, after phoning vets that morning i got appointment for 7pm that same day, within an hour of that phonecall i noticed my dog becoming more distressed so phoned vets to explain and got new appointment for 14.30pm, they admitted the dog for blood tests, by 15.30 i recieved voicemail from vets that my dog was ok to be discharged, with myself not reliesing voicemail had been left till 17.50pm i arrived at surgery 18.45, and inforned dogs bloid tests were fine apart from red blood cell count being a bit low she was fine, when all the time my dog kay in vets, 4 and half hours nobody noiticed she was bleeding internaly from the spleen, a nd after my dog colkasping in reception area straight after they brought her from the kennel area, there was no vets on site and was being discharged by receptoñist, 4 occasions i was told after becoming more concerned when mmy dog started breathing very loudly and wasnt responding that it was the dogs nose was obstructed slightly with the way she was lying, i had to insist on a vet checking her over as i knew there was something serliously wrong,only then the receptonist called vet to return to surgery
Firstly it would appear that you have been doing the correct procedure. To determine whether you have a case in negligence you would actually need a different vet to look at the clinical papers to determine whether this vet did something wrong. As such you would need to find an vet who would be prepared to assess for you whether they have been negligent. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what your saying is iv got to find another vet to back up my claims before i can pursepue it through a court
That is exactly right. If you are alleging negligence then you need a different vet to agree that this vet was negligent. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My vet has my dogs ashes also and in last letter i recieved they threatened to discard my dogs ashes and lead and collar if i hadnt payed the 600 pound vet bill wuthin 21 days of thhe letter being sent out, are they allowed to do that,
Thats a second question which I am very happy to answer but please rate positive first for the original question