How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I got married on 08/12/2010. My wife is EEA NATIONAL. I was

Resolved Question:

I got married on 08/12/2010. My wife is EEA NATIONAL. I was over stay before my marriage, but I obtained COA (certificate of approval) from home office before marriage. I couldn't apply for my visa due to lack of documents and home took more then one year
to make a decision which they refused and I appeal and got my visa through court in sep 2013 Now since my marriage coming to 5 years on 08/12/15 can I apply for indifnite or do I need to wait until set 2018 once my current visa runs out. We are still happily
toghter and both are working and living in UK.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
You may apply for permanent residency after 5 years in the UK as a married partner of an EEA national. So you do not need to wait until 2018 and may apply this year.
See here for the application process
All the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please tell me what documents do I need?
Also can I send it my self of its better to hire a lawyer?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
The documents required are listed in section 18 on pages 79 -81 of the application form, see here
You may apply yourself if you are able to do so and do not really need a lawyer unless you require help with the application.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you