UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I got married on 08/12/2010. My wife is EEA NATIONAL. I was

I got married on 08/12/2010. My wife is EEA NATIONAL. I was over stay before my marriage, but I obtained COA (certificate of approval) from home office before marriage. I couldn't apply for my visa due to lack of documents and home took more then one year
to make a decision which they refused and I appeal and got my visa through court in sep 2013 Now since my marriage coming to 5 years on 08/12/15 can I apply for indifnite or do I need to wait until set 2018 once my current visa runs out. We are still happily
toghter and both are working and living in UK.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
You may apply for permanent residency after 5 years in the UK as a married partner of an EEA national. So you do not need to wait until 2018 and may apply this year.
See here for the application process
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/permanent-residence-card
All the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please tell me what documents do I need?
Also can I send it my self of its better to hire a lawyer?
The documents required are listed in section 18 on pages 79 -81 of the application form, see here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/445508/EEA_PR__07-15.pdf
You may apply yourself if you are able to do so and do not really need a lawyer unless you require help with the application.
All the best