12826847

My brother is 16 and at school. The school have asked

Customer Question

My brother is 16 and at school. The school have asked my parents to go in after half term and even talked about informing the police!
What happened is this. My brother and myself along with a friend of his and my girlfriend went to Amsterdam for the weekend. While there my brother got a tattoo - the legal age is 16 in the Netherlands, he had to show his ID and sign a consent form and this was at a proper professional place.
School are having a hissy fit. It is not even on a place generally visible while wearing uniform.
His head of year was really rude on the phone told my mum she might ring the police as he 'obviously got this done illegally ' .. My mum tried to explaine about it being in Holland etc but if fell on deaf ears.
We contacted the studeo in Amsterdam and they said they will provide written confirmation for us and a copy of the consent form. He already has the aftercare instructions they gave him which has full details of the studeo.
My mum started panicibg at the mention of the word police. She is a worrier by nature - looking for reassurance for her that no one is in trouble with the police!
Cheers
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The head of year is making a huge fuss over the fact he must have had this done ilegaly. She started talking about the police which really frightened my mum ... This as I said was done perfectly legally while in the Netherlands and we can prove it.

My mum who is the world's biggest worrier is convincing herself because of what this teacher said that my brother or her as a parent are going to be in trouble with police. I can't see how this could possibly be the case. Just after having that confirmed. Thank u

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, they could call the police. It would be an offence in the UK.
If you can prove it was done in a country where it was lawful then there would not be a prosecution but that doesn't mean they won't investigate.
I'm not sure what it has to do with the school really. Whether you go or not depends on your view of the matter. If they are intent upon calling the police then I would suggest that they do so as you can prove there is no offence. Some people may prefer to take a more conciliatory approach.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great. Thank you. Yes we can prove it easily. Your answer was exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.