13262538

We have recently began to park our car on the land we own

Hi, we have recently began to park our car on the land we own at the front of our house, however a 'concerned neighbour' has sent us a note saying that the deeds of the property state that we are not permitted to park any vehicles on the frontage of our properties. We own our property and I have checked the copy of the land registry that was included in our buyers pack and under the second schedule it states that ' not to use or permit the use of the front garden of the property for parking of lorries vans or other motor vehicles boats trailers caravans or other vehicles of a like nature (other than private motor cars light vans or motor cycles)'. We assumed that as we privately own our car and it is stated on the land registry that we weren't breaking any covenants on the house that we are within our legal right to do so. Can you confirm this is correct and if we need to take any further action?
Many thanks, Claire
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhich part of the Uk are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I'm in Eastleigh, Hampshire
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then all is wellUnless your definition of "car" is a Motor home, white van, tank etc then you are indeed entitled to park at the frontI suggest that you copy that part of the paperwork, highlight the appropriate words and send a thank you card to the neighbour, thanking them for their concern! I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou. Just to confirm that the land registry document is a simplified version of the deeds to our property?
The concerned neighbour was anonymous, so as pleasing as it would be to send them a card, I'm afraid I can't! Can they do anything to stop us parking on our front?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Actually they are the "Deeds" - and no there is nothing that they can do based on those words