12826847

I insured my son's car. the v5 is at his name and the insurance on mine. he ha

Customer Question

hello
I insured my son's car. the v5 is at his name and the insurance on mine. he had an accident and the insurance cancelled the policy and want me to pay the third party
is it normal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can I do as I am not able to pay £4500?
Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure your question came out in full?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I bought a car for my son. the V5 is at his name. For the insurance, I put my name because I use the car more than him. He had an accident and the insurance decided to cancelled the policy because I did not tell them that the V5 was not on my name. Now, they want me to pay the third party.
At home, I did the same with my wife's car. that one is considered as normal.
What to do as I am not able to pay £4500?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I am still waiting for an answer. Thanks
Sorry for the delay. I'm in a trial today.I presume he was an added driver?But you didn't tell them that he was the keeper?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes. he was added. but I did not tell them because I though there is no problem. we leave together. I did the same with my wife's car
My idea was not to fraud
Thanks.That is bad news I'm afraid. They have formed the view that you have done this to avoid the higher premiums as they will undoubtedly be saying that the car was his but you are the cheaper insurance option.I'm afraid this is a relevant non disclosure and they can use it to dishonour a claim if they choose. Often they don't. They just ask people to pay the difference in premium but there is no reason they could not I'm afraid.Sorry if that is bad news.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They want me to pay the amount in full. I cannot. What to do?
He is liable I'm afraid if the accident was his fault.if he doesn't pay they will just pursue the MIB and they will pursue him.