29905560

Please could you inform me if there is a Travel Insurance Ombudsman.

Please could you inform me if there is a Travel Insurance Ombudsman. I was knocked down by a car at the Vatican in April 17th this year and for six months I have not had any satisfaction with my very small claim. Obviously I took out travel insurance but the company Travel Insurance Services in Southend on Sea have sent me some 14 emails, all more or less saying the same thing and now they have passed my complaint on to the Customer Service dept of the insurance company and it seems I am back to square one. Any assistance with this lengthy matter would be greatly appreciate. Mrs Jess Nagel,***** Portland, Dorset, DT5 1AU. . PS. I did say in my last email of the 3rd Oct that I intended to report them to the Ombudsman if there was no conclusion by the end of October.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Why have they not dealt with this issue so far, what has caused the delays?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea why they have not dealt with my application nor do I know what has caused the delay . I am sure they may just think that if they drag it on that I will go away, well, I will not!!!!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
There is no dedicated travel insurance ombudsman and any issues with insurance are dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman. The steps on complaining can be found here:
http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
You do not have to use their services but they are free. At any point you can also go to the small claims court to sue the insurer for any costs they were obliged to pay you under the policy. That should be seen as a last resort though and you should try the direct complaint and Ombudsman routes first if you can.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you