LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I live in a block of flats. I purchased the flat nearly 6 years

Customer Question

I live in a block of flats. I purchased the flat nearly 6 years ago. For the last 5 years I didn't have a car, and when I bought one I rented parking space on the ground floor in my block. Just yesterday something pushed me to look into the paperwork I received from Developer and Solicitor. The documents states my flat have an allocated parking space. However doesn't say any bay number
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you. I would expect this to be on the lease if there was a particular spot.
If not you could interpret this as meaning that you have been allocated use of any space in the car park. ie allocated a space but not a specific space. If the lease is unclear often the quickest way to resolve those is to ask other people who own flats in the block and have a car what their situation is. Your situation is likely to be similar.