75100385

I have been accused of dog fouling but I am adamant that I

Customer Question

I have been accused of dog fouling but I am adamant that I picked it up. Is it for the Council to prove that I didn't pick it up for for me to prove that I did. I know it would be easier for me to pay the £50 fine but I know for a fact that I picked the mess up. I am disabled and the two council officers had cameras on and if they could prove it was my dog doing it - they would have seen me picking it up. Thankyou. Sorry if this is such a petty thing for you to deal with.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes it would be for the Council to prove that you did it. If you didnt pay or contested it the matter may be decided by a Court. But the Council would have to prove you did it.
It may be that you just want to pay the £50 just to get rid of it. But if they had cameras you can ask for the footage.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex - I have just spoken with the Council and they have told me that they don't actually have any video of my dog fouling or of me picking it up - but that an officer (or two) would swear to it that it was my dog and that I didn't pick it up. Apparently they only reply on their officer's word and that they would swear to it in Court. I would also swear in Court on oath that I picked it up. Is it worth me going to Court of not - I am so angry. Thank you. The only video they have is of the conversation that happened afterwards apparently. They are going to send me a copy tomorrow.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.