75100385

Can a local council be made to pay compensation to someone

Can a local council be made to pay compensation to someone who has been threatened with violence after one of theire employees spoke to someone outside of work resulting in the the threat being reported to the police and getting a crime/log number.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was the person convicted? What loss did you suffer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am the person whos been threatened.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand, was the person who threatened you convicted (you reported it to the police) and what loss did you suffer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no police said they will take action if he attacks me. but could i sue the council for the breach of confidentiality and the fact i now watch if the personwho threatened me is next door incase he comes out and does what hes said. It is awful watching for anything to happen when hes about and you want to go out.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.