12826847

About 15 months ago I worked company that was contracted

Customer Question

Hi about 15 months ago I worked for a company that was contracted to a bigger company doing painting contracts
The project manager was very touchy feely he would grab and kiss me on my neck make comments about my crotch he would come up behind me when I was making a cup of tea and feel my crotch as well as put his hands under my shirt and touch my chest he even tried to put his hand down my pants
I felt uncomfortable to say the least and I felt as though I couldn't say anything as I didn't want the company I worked for to lose the contract or to feel like I should have done something to stop it
Should I have reported this ? Can I still report this ?
It last a year but did die down in latter stages as I was uncomfortable and would keep my distance
I also do not work for this company any more and if I'm honest that year was a big factor in leaving
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why didn't you report it immediately?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know all those things happened over the months and just thought he was just being bit over friendly and only just recently I've thought it was way out of order
I wasn't happy at work but I'd been there 5 years and was very happy before I started to run that job so when I look at the bigger picture now I'm realising what's actually happened
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you complain internally at the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but there was other lads working at time and one of them told him to stop
He also has a nickname of mr touchy feely within the company and I'm sure he's had a couple of previous complaints
The guy is in his 60s and is keen church helper and Christian so I guess I assumed no one would believe me over him maybe
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is very unlikely that he has other complaints. They tend to have fairly adverse consequences.
You can make a complaint. The delay is going to count against you I'm afraid. It's possible to argue that delays arising from the 70s are caused by feelings of shame that I'm afraid just do not really apply now.
Whether he would be charged or not is another matter. The police probably would invited in for interview to discuss the allegation. Generally speaking it is rare that they don't do that.
The only thing to consider is that if you make an allegation that does not lead to a conviction it would give him a claim against you and people are increasingly pursuing those claims. 10 years ago nobody ever did really that I'm afraid there has been diluted of week and next stations allegations that led to increasing demands for a civil action that is accessible to the subjects of an allegation.