75100385

We bought a new caravan about 2 months ago, but after a couple

We bought a new caravan about 2 months ago, but after a couple of heavy down pours recently, we have found one of the roof lights leaks considerably. We took it back to the dealers yesterday who have advised it has a defect in the roof, and they will be making reports etc etc and contacting the manufacturers. How do we stand on this regarding refunds, replacement caravan? thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is it still under warranty please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Has 1 year warranty but I get the impression it's going to be a long drawn out affair, especially if the roof needs replacing, and there may already be damp in it

Well anything that goes wrong within 6 months of purchase is deemed defective. You have a right to a repair OR refund. But once you have a repair you cant later claim a refund.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk  or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.