How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We bought a new caravan about 2 months ago, but after a couple

Resolved Question:

We bought a new caravan about 2 months ago, but after a couple of heavy down pours recently, we have found one of the roof lights leaks considerably. We took it back to the dealers yesterday who have advised it has a defect in the roof, and they will be making reports etc etc and contacting the manufacturers. How do we stand on this regarding refunds, replacement caravan? thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is it still under warranty please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Has 1 year warranty but I get the impression it's going to be a long drawn out affair, especially if the roof needs replacing, and there may already be damp in it

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Well anything that goes wrong within 6 months of purchase is deemed defective. You have a right to a repair OR refund. But once you have a repair you cant later claim a refund.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at:  or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.